Pop, Rock and Metal

 



We're excited to show you this interesting interview we got with Remington Brown, read it now!


Can you tell us about the inspiration behind your latest single, 'Energy,' and how it showcases your diverse range of influences?

The song Energy I wrote in 2021 it is the Track of the season it’s a song about getting the energy you put out into the world we become that energy, this song has grunge and alternative influences from Creed Pearl Jam to Bush.


Your music seems to blend alternative rock, garage, and neo-psychedelic elements. How do you manage to fuse these different genres into a cohesive sound?

Alternative rock is my influence and passion, the garage sound and Neo psychedelic influences are part of my brand and unique sound and Bohemian grungy style.


 
Could you share some insights into your 2021 LP, "Creole"? How does it represent your artistic evolution up to that point?

My 2021 Album creole shows my transformation from living in a tree hugger town alt rock college town in North Carolina to a Bohemian Floridian town
With beach hippies lead me down the path to Neo psychedelia sounding jams every artist's changes their sound as they evolve as long as they are consistent to the brand this is professional.

Your journey as an artist began with the 2011 single "Afro Punk." How do you think your music has evolved since then, and what constants have remained in your style?

Afro punk 2013 was recorded in 2011 released in 2013, and it was my first rock album the evolution is I went from Christian rock to regular rock because I wanted to be natural with my fans however the punk and garage rock mentality ha remained in my sound and style.

 
Performing with Red October in Chapelhill and later relocating, how have these different musical landscapes impacted your songwriting and performance approach?



Performing with red October in Chapel Hill back in 2018 after moving we still have separate sounds similar and different my sound is more authentic grungy sounding rock more bush influenced than nirvana influenced still with a unique style of my own. 

 
Your 2020 single "Entitled" gained significant attention in the underground music scene. What was the story or concept behind that track?

The 2020 song entitled is all about rebellion against the alt right and social conservative views on progressive and old soul values hating modern and progressive ideas
a far as alt-rock music and my beliefs I am spiritual not religious my music is to bring people together and consistently create original alternative rock jams.

 
From Afro Punk to Christian rock influences, your music seems to cover a wide spectrum. Can you elaborate on how your personal beliefs and experiences shape your songwriting?

Challenging the boundaries of recent rock, what I mean by this is I am returning the African roots to rock Music by my style of lyrics in my song energy and the voodoo of my song creole you get true black energy in these songs my humble underground origins


As an Indie Rock artist, you've been known to push the boundaries of modern rock. Could you share some examples of how you're challenging these boundaries in your recent work?

I have mixed grunge with psychedelic soul music and have been able to make this popular through the modern Afro punk festivals and influences.

  
With your music amassing hundreds of thousands of streams, how do you perceive the relationship between your humble underground beginnings and your growing impact on the broader music scene?

I would say my music is designed to bring the world together during these times of the broader Music scene, my music is similar to modern grunge just with a mix of soul blended in to my unique sound.


CLICK HERE AND LISTEN ON SPOTIFY






| Designed by Colorlib