Pop, Rock and Metal

 


We had the opportunity to interview the band and learn more about this band, follow the details with us:

1. Can you tell us about the origins of Stone Grave and how the band came together?

Well Stone Grave was formed in 2023, it started with a song idea after getting my first 8-string guitar. The result was “Torech Ungol” off my debut EP “Cracks of doom”. I had so much fun writing that song I decided to create Stone Grave as a way to continue to write Heavy Metal and dedicate myself to learning and improving low tuned extended range instruments.


2. What was the inspiration behind your latest song, "Cosmic Colossus"?

The inspiration behind Cosmic Colossus was the Marvel’s The Guardians of the Galaxy. I am a huge fan of the comics and films so it was fun creating a song based on the lore.


3. How did the collaboration with Johnny Ciardullo of Carcosa come about for "Cosmic Colossus"?

I am a huge fan of Carcosa and they have been a huge inspiration for me personally. I reached out to Johnny on instagram for a feature and between tours he was able to record a killer verse for it! I appreciate the opportunity to have one of my favorite vocalists on my song and Johnny was super professional and a great dude.


4. Can you describe the creative process behind writing and recording "Cosmic Colossus"?

The creative process for writing and recording Cosmic Colossus was pretty simple I had a riff I really liked and built the song around that. I do all the instruments for Stone Grave myself and then I send a skeleton track out to my vocalist César Moreira. We go back and forth on lyrics and then he will record vocals and send them to me and I finish writing, mixing and mastering the track.


5. What message or theme are you hoping to convey through "Cosmic Colossus"?

I was hoping to convey the lore of the Celestials in The Guardians of the Galaxy stories and the underlying themes of cosmic horror while still keeping a sense of hope.


6. How would you describe Stone Grave's overall musical style and influences?

It’s always hard for me to place a “style” on Stone Grave because I take a lot of inspiration from a variety of Metal sub-genres. I am heavily influenced by
Bands like Gravemind, Carcosa, and Relations to name a few.


7. What has been the most memorable moment for the band since its formation?

The most memorable moment for me is my recent endorsement with Artificial guitars. I am so proud to work with such a great guitar company. They make great guitars at a killer price point!


8. What can fans expect from Stone Grave in the near future, in terms of new music or upcoming projects?

I have an 5 song EP with this single coming out in August title “Knowhere”. I plan to regularly put out new music and collabs.

Listen the band to know more:

https://open.spotify.com/artist/1D1gzrQShyySoFNwKefstv


| Designed by Colorlib